Based in London, England
June 1, 2012
Press / Business contact:
SFB Games is a British independent game studio, founded by brothers Tom and Adam Vian, who have been making games together since 2003.
They’re passionate about designing unique games with a focus on fun, color, artistry and innovation.
These particular design philosophies lined up well with Nintendo, when the two companies worked closely together to create the Nintendo Switch launch title Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
SFB Games often collaborate with game artist / illustrator Catherine Unger, who has provided art for most of their games since 2014.
While SFB Games was only founded in the summer of 2012, brothers Tom and Adam have been making games together under the name of 'The Super Flash Bros' since 2003, when they were just 17 and 14 respectively.
Initially concentrating mostly on Flash animations, they quickly moved on to making Flash games too, posting all of their work to Newgrounds.com and recieving a largely positive response.
After a break from making games while Tom attended univerity, a partnership with Armor Games was formed, with Armor providing sponsorship for all of the brothers' subsequent Flash games, eventually totalling 34 Flah games in all.SFB Games
To prepare for the release of their then-iOS/Andoid-only game Detective Grimoire, and in order to better work with other companies, the brothers decided to form an official company, instead of opperating as sole traders as they had up until that point.
Following the founding of SFB Games, the brothers have worked with Sony to bring a game to their PlayStation Mobile platform, worked with Adult Swim to build a game together, launched a successful Kickstarter campaign, put two games through Valve's Steam Greenlight system and launched both later .Working with Nintendo
In late 2015, SFB Games began working with Nintendo on a launch title for the then-unreleased Nintendo Switch console. The game, Snipperclips, was released with the Switch on March 3rd 2017, and went on to sit on top of the Switch download charts for several months.
After the success of the main game, SFB Games and Nintendo developed a DLC pack for Snipperclips, called Snipperclips Plus. A physical retail edition of the game was released alongside the DLC on November 10th 2017, including the base game and the DLC.
Marching Order YouTube
Ghost Train Update Trailer YouTube
Detective Grimoire (Steam) YouTube
Haunt the House: Terrortown (Steam) YouTube
There are far more images available for SFB Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Detective Grimoire - Honorable Mention for Excellence in Narrative" - IGF, San Francisco, 2014
- "Detective Grimoire - Winner of Best Game Story" - Casual Connect Europe, Amsterdam, 2014
- "Detective Grimoire - Nominated for Excellence in Storytelling" - IMGA, San Francisco, 2014
- "Detective Grimoire - Nominated for Excellence in Sound Design" - IMGA, San Francisco, 2014
- "Haunt the House: Terrortown - Winner of Best Arcade Game by a Small Studio" - TIGA Awards, London, 2013
- "Haunt the House: Terrortown - Nominated for Most Amazing Indie Game" - Amaze Indie Connect, Berlin, 2013
- "Haunt the House: Terrortown - Indie Game Award Winner" - Casual Connect Europe, Hamburg, 2013
- "Monky King Spring (unreleased) - Winner of SCEE Best Game Award" - GameHack, London, 2012
- "Monky King Spring (unreleased) - Winner of Best Flash Game for iOS" - GameHack, London, 2012
- "Detective Grimoire OST - Nomination for Jerry Goldsmith Award (Free Creation)" - BSO Spirit Festival, Spain, 2011